We have an exciting opportunity to join New Socks Media as a passionate Software Developer to work alongside an equally passionate, and friendly team based at Witan Studios in Central Milton Keynes.
The successful Software Developer must keep up with the latest trends and implement technology best suited to the job. You will need to be an advocate for the best engineering practices and willing to challenge big projects within our multidisciplinary team.
Software developer role will involve:
- Using tools such as SASS, LESS, Webpack, Babel and PostCSS and practices such as Atomic Design
- Advocate agile best practices and continuous delivery
- Champion software quality and inspire technical vision
- Ensure clients are satisfied
- Be an ambassador of our company
- Build strong relationships with colleagues
- Work well within the team to solve problems
- Work in an active, collaborative, open, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture
What you’ll need to succeed as a software developer:
- Development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Passion for software engineering
- Artisan coding
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge (especially MVC) and enterprise integration
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, Microservices, Serverless etc
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices like Atomic Design, Refactoring, Clean Code, Encapsulation etc
Why New Socks?
We’re a company of like-minded people with big ambitions. We never stop learning, as we don’t want to be standing still. We constantly challenge each other and test new technologies we feel will be beneficial to us and our customers. We embrace an energetic and problem solving culture. We want to create great products, that meet our customers goals and delight their users.
When you arrive you’ll be integrated into the team and we’ll take you out. We regularly hold team events, lunches, visit & talk at meet-ups and have fun together whilst producing great work and working hard.
- Annual training budget
- 25 days holiday & public holidays
- CMK location